What problems can I expect with a software development project.
- It is good that you want to start a project with your eyes open. There are risks associated with all software development project. Keeping an eye out to ensure these risks are managed can help ensure your project is successful. Typical problems include:
- Issues regarding ownership or custody of the software
- Project cost overruns
- Project schedules overruns
- Software is buggy
- Software company can’t finish the project
- Inappropriate platform or language for your software
- Difficulty in implementation, conversion, or training
Before you begin any project, a candid discussion of these and other critical issues can help you understand your develop firm’s mitigation techniques and warning signs as the project progresses.